spell found in many video and computer games around 1990s and the first decade of the 21st century, wherein a lightning bolt strikes one target, then a second with decreased damage, a third, and so on, until its power has diminished beyond a tickle. Example games would be Heroes of Might and Magic 3, World of Warcraft, et al.
1. Solmyr's special ability is that he starts with the ability to cast chain lightning, one of the most powerful spells in Heroes of Might and Magic 3.
2. Elemental Shamans' Chain Lightning and Chain Heal spells are part of the reason why many World of Warcraft players choose them as their characters.
1. The action of a person who updates their status on a social networking website far too often.
2. The practice of updating a social networking status with a funny status, then a less funny status, and so on, for approximately 4-5 status, until the final status contains no laughter. A reference to the "Chain Lightning" spell found in many video and computer games around 1990s and the first decade of the 21st century, wherein a lightning bolt strikes one target, then a second with decreased damage, and so on.
1. I thought she was really hot, until i added her as a facebook friend and discovered she was chain statusing about what was happening on The Hills every 35 seconds.
2. I am chain statusing my jokes today, hoping that the 3rd and 4th jokes will just seem funnier by association.