1. only knows how to use a Mac and cannot handle a PC, gets very frustrated using one.
2. thinks that Macs' hardware are much better (although statistically their failure rates are not that different than other laptops).
3. over exaggerate his/her passion for Mac products. e.g. I *need* an iPad to read my newspaper and magazines.
4. uses Apple as a status symbol.
5. buys a new Mac product without knowing the prominent features. e.g. GPS and FaceTime in iPhone 4.
6. thinks he/she is technologically savvy but actually knows very little about technology e.g. does not know the difference between 3G and EDGE, 3G versus Wi-fi.
7. Owns many Mac products and is very proud of it.
8. Feels entitled to get a new Mac product on launch day and get unreasonably angry when failing to do so.
9. Has absolutely no idea what open source is.
10. Thinks that the new features that Apple introduces are ground-breaking even though they had been available for years. e.g. 3G, multitasking.
11. When their Apple products fail instead of admitting that Macs can fail sometimes just like PCs, focus on how amazing the experience of getting it replaced at the Genius Bar.
12. Although Macs are better than a PC in some areas (and vice versa), does not know any of the evidences; just *think* that Macs are better.
13. Feels special and cool to own a Mac product although it is no longer a cult to own a Mac product, unlike 10 years ago.
Regular person: Since the screen is bigger, it's easier to just press on the side instead of having to reach for the top of the phone.
Apple fanboy: (Struggling) Well... you Samsung owners are just lazy and need to get off your fat asses and reach for the top of the phone.
- Go and hate all competition, pretending only Apple shall exist in the mobile gadget market
- Think Apple devices have the best benchmark scores on earth, esp. believe iPad is the most powerful tablet on earth while ignoring Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 has real multitasking that iPad never have.
- Go live in the concealed Apple planet and never see the day of light.
- Thinking a Mac computer never need any modern functions as those in PC. They don't need games, optical drives and blu-ray encoding in their Macs.
- He has no problems with Apple softwares, so are you! Don't shout out any problems you have with Apple softwares because those Fanbois assumes Apple software are free of that.
- Love to buy tons of accessories for their Apple devices, like plastic cases for their aluminium iPhones/iPads
- Own iPod Touch, iPhone and iPad at the same time do the same thing on each one
- Always hate Samsung for no reason, but ignoring their iOS devices are mostly produced by Samsung
- Always believe Apple creates, others only steal from Apple
Strangely with all the Apple Fanbois around, Apple still brings up a "Why you will love iPhone/iPad" campaign to gain back fanbois confidence toward Apple.
Apple fanboy: Who needs blu-ray anyway?
Android user: I am so happy with the quad-core CPU in my Android phone, your iPad doesn't seem to have that?
Apple fanboy: Go get a life Fandroid, we don't need quad-core CPU to run iOS.
Apple Fanboy: "Actually, Apple was the first company to sell a personal computer, and first to implement a graphical user interface and a mouse."
IT Guy: "Check out my PDA"
Apple Fan: "yea Apple was the first to sell a PDA"
IT Guy: "Check out my brown Zune"
Apple Fan: "Yea thats the Microsoft version of the iPod, its terrible, and exists only to take a chunk of the massive market apple created"
IT Guy: "Check out my Driod"
Apple Fan: "Yea, thats Motorola's version of the iPhone, notice how it looks and functions almost exactly the same as the iPhone from 3 years ago"
IT Guy: "Check out Windows Vista - its got quick search and gadgets"
Apple Fan: "Yea OSX has had that for a while"
IT Guy: "Check out Windows 7, its primary selling point is that it works"
Apple Fan: "Yea, OSX has always worked, mostly because they dont use a glitchy and bugged OS to serve as a selling point for another bugged and glitchy OS"
IT Guy: "Check out Internet Explorer"
Apple Fan: "IE is the worst browser on the market, and serves as a major hindrance for web developers"
IT Guy: "Check out my XBOX 360"
Apple Fan: "Dont those have a reported 50% failure rate."
IT Guy: "Crap, i have to go, someones windows computer is broken, BTW you're a fanboy"