2. Seriousness, respectfulness, or formality in somebody's behavior and bearing.
3. The condition of being worthy of respect, esteem, or honor.
4. The respect or honor that a high rank or position should be shown.
5. A high rank, position, or honor.
4. What you're supposed to show someone of great power.
One with dignity demands respect and acts formally.
Acting with dignity can also mean navigating through a situation with eloquence and not losing one's cool.
One can lose their dignity temporarily but later gain it back.
If you are drunk you lose your dignity.
However, this is not the case when trying to show off, or if you are just plain a jerk.