Emo does not stand for some kid that cuts himself or dresses like a fag with black straightened hair and skinny jeans.
Emo originally started out as a genre of music where bands put passion and EMOtion into their pieces of art. Wait a sec? they put what? -emo-tion, EMOTION. that is what it stands for.
Emo stands for a genre of music where lyrics and music are emotional.
and La Dispute.
Listen to them guys, they are good jams with alot of emotion into them.
So dont kill the word emo with your adolecent scene bullshit. BMTH sucks, plain and simple. Emo kids, arent "EMO" kids, they are just kids dressing like fags.
Emo = Emotional genre of music.
Person1- Man La disputes genre of style is emo!
Person2-I listened to them and they are actually so emotional! the lyrics are powerful!
Person1 -Man I love emo bands like bmth!
Person2- I know!! Oli Sykes is so emo! its HOT!
Emo is NOT in anyway linked to how a person dresses or looks like, Emotions, or the action of one cutting themselves.
Emo Is Legit! Check it out boiz and gurlz!
GOOD emo bands I listen To:
Pianos Become The Teeth,
Bring Me The Horizon,
Drop Dead Gorgeous,
Bullet For My Valentine,
Escape The Fate,
Taking Back Sunday.
Drop Dead Gorgeous on the other hand...... FAILS.
2. a culture based around pop punk/hardcore music identified by long bangs, tight clothing and self-harm.
3. a word used to describe someone thats depressed, angsty, and/or darkly poetic.
4. a genre of music played by Jimmy Eats World and Fugazi at the beginning of their careers
5. a genre used in mainstream music that is considered an insult to musicians.
2. "Look at the two emos cutting themselves."
3. "Why are you so down? You're so emo!"
4. "Jimmy Eats World should have still played emo music after their first album. yeah, it wouldn't sell, but at least the genre wouldn't be misused so often."
5. "When you say 'emo' to a musician all they hear is 'your music is so unappealing to normal people, that we will put you into the most abnormal, misused genre in the history of the planet'."
Look at that sexy emo hair!
Well, I've decided to just post a blog since I've posted this rant all over the interweb plenty of times.
First of all, "emo" DOES NOT stand for "emotional."
Emo stands for EMOTIVE HARDCORE PUNK.
Emotive hardcore punk is 99% a dead genre.
It lasted from the mid 80s-90s and wasn't very popular.
Ian Mackeye (my hero) was a huge part of both the punk and emo scenes,
and the punk and emo scenes weren't too different.
rites of spring
texas is the reason
circle takes the square<(violence)
sunny day real estate (post)
(There's plenty more, but you get the point)
Lastly, PEOPLE CAN NOT BE EMO.
IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO BE A PART OF A DEAD MUSIC GENRE, ESPECIALLY IF YOU DON'T EVEN LISTEN TO ANY OF THE MUSIC OF THE GENRE.
Emo came and went, and no, it didn't evolve.
Listen to any of those bands then listen to an mcr song.
They're wayyy different.
Face it, emo is dead.
If you call yourself "emo," you're probably a miseducated scene kid,
and if you call yourself "emo" and you've never been to a show,
you're not a scene kid... you're just a kid dying to fit in.
(I personally don't like scene kids in general)
Just stop slapping labels on yourselves,
and get on with life.
Person 2- Emotive hardcore punk kids?
Person 1- wtf?
im an emo, my mate ben, my mate nicole, and the rest of my mates