1. Even diplomacy = Stalemate or deadlock
2. Even diplomacy = equally powerful uncompromising persons.
3. Even diplomacy = unable to reach a successful conclusion
Khrushchev expresses willingness to remove the missiles from Cuba. Under UN supervision in return for a US commitment to dismantle its missiles in Turkey. Kennedy tells the ExComm that going to war in the face of Khrushchev's offer to trade missiles would be "an insupportable decision." JFK agreed to the terms set by Khrushchev that was Appeasement. NOT even diplomacy.
Appeasement: To buy off an aggressor by concessions usually at the sacrifice of principles
Even diplomacy is nonexistent and pointless.
2. As Frederick the Great once remarked, 'diplomacy without force is like music without instruments'.
3. Or as I am now posting even diplomacy is pointless.