1. A polite remark uttered after the end of a round, game, or other measured interval to indicate that a match was fair and enjoyable. Usually uttered collectively by the occupants of a game server. The opposite of BG
2. A condescending remark, often uttered by somebody who does not know meaning 1, and is simply repeating what others have told them.
2. "OMG WUT DO U MEAN IM CHEATIN U JUST SUK FAGS HAHAHAHA GG UR SERVER IS GAY"
2) Used as an insult. Either in the aformentioned way, or used to insult someone who has preformed an incredibly stupid act.
Red Team: GG
Blue Team: GG
1b) *Blue team wins, 50 to 7*
Blue Team: GG!
Red Team: Shut it.
2) *Doctor Olayer falls off edge of map.*
*Guy accidentally dumps mustard on the shirt of a cheerleader he likes.*
Friends: GG. G-Fucking-G
person: gg plastic
person was killed by headshot from awp
person: gg overpowered awp
Cats: You have no chance to survive, make your time.
Come on people, if it was a good game, say "damn that was a good game."
If it was shitty or merely mediocre, don't dilute a phrase that could be used as a compliment if it didn't mean jack squat.
<Cowclops> Shut the FUCK up. That was NOT a good game. You fucking slaughtered us. YOU played well, but we did not, so don't patronize us with halfassed "pleasantries" when you're really just being dingleberries.
however, if followed by a rude comment, such as "gg bitch," it means the opponent thinks he has won, or has no respect. some ruder gosu players sometimes will say, "gg", followed by "no re" meaning, no rematch, you're too weak for me.
4K.Grubby has devastated sk.Zacard's base sk.Zacard: "GG"
4K.Grubby has devastated sk.Zacard's base
4K.Grubby: "GG KTHX NO RE N00B"
2. Might also be used as another way of saying, "Good Going" or "Nice Job".
Blue Team: What are you talking about ? The score was 50 - 7.
2. Person A: Dude, I think she's pregnant.
Person B: ... GG !!!
Can be used in a derogatory way to mock someone outside of a video game, including yourself. Usually done after someone makes a fool of themselves during an argument or verbal confrontation of some sort or when a person using this remark, clearly wins pretty much anything; game, debate, discussion, valid point, etc.
In contrary it can also be used to show inferiority or just loss at something. In this case its complete loss of hope for something, or just giving up entirely on something stating, it was a good run but its over, GG (good game). A common synonym of this would be, Fml, Fuck my life.
Person B: Nahhh dude im pretty sure I'm better than you.
Person A: Dude I'm like a level 71 archmage and your just like a level 1 priest.
Person B: Did you just compare yourself to a video game?
Person A: yeah?
Person B: Wow, GG, nerd.
Person A: Dude, did you hear how much work we got from Mrs. "
Person B: Yeah? we got like 3 pages.
Person A: Nahhh, she just upped it to 6 pages.
Person B: ...GG..., I'm done