The opposite is "soft by you", describing the opposite - action of someone who is not willing to take chances and take part in badass behavior.
People who consistently take part in "hard" or "soft" behavior can simply be described as such.
When referring to someone not involved in the conversation, one can substitute the "you" with the person's name or appropriate pronoun.
It should be noted that the phrase is often embellished with a well-placed "bro."
Popularized by soccer players throughout the United States, in states such as Florida, Virgina, and California. Recently, versions in Spanish have extended influence in Spain, Mexico, Argentina, and the Dominican Republic.
- "Hard by me to fuck Stephanie when her boyfriend is away?"
- "Yeah, and soft by you to watch gay porn."
- "Soft by Mauricio to not throw a party while his parents are away."
- "Did you hear about Alex? He's dating like four girls at once!"
- "Yeah bro, he's so hard."
- "I just pulled 75 mph in a 40!"
- "Hard by you, bro!"