Not to be confused with computer RPGs, which are a different kettle of fish altogether.
(2) Role Playing Game (tabletop). Game in which the player takes on another personality to have fun.
(3) Role Playing Game (video game, turn based). A game that is frowned upon by fans of FPS for it's strategical approach. More easily described as a "Playable Anime".
(4) Role Playing Game (video game, active battle). Fast paced, can appeal to even FPS fans. I have personally proved this in 5 cases.
(2) Dungeons and Dragons is an RPG.
(3) Final Fantasy is also an RPG.
(4) Kingdom Hearts and Legend of Zelda are also RPG's.
Translated, that means handheld anti-tank grenade.
The RPG does fire a rocket propelled grenade, but that isn't what the acronym stands for.
It was the weapon that downed the Black Hawks in the Somalian incident during Clinton's mandate.