2. noun: A derogatory term for a person or individual who possesses the unlikable characteristics of someone engaged in schettinoing.
2. Verb: Rupert Murdoch can schettino like no other. Did you see him schettino out of that News of the World scandal? There are rats who could learn a thing or two from that man!
3. Noun: For Christ's sake Dick, stop being a Schettino, and let's get this man to a hospital. I'm sure they'll believe you when you say it was a hunting accident.
Person B, “Yea, he skipped out on his teammates. Right when they really needed him.”
Person A, “What a Schettino!”
2. The act of abandoning those who have placed their trust in you.
2. To complete the schettino, Bob left without paying the bar tab and without driving us home, like he was supposed to do.
-based upon the captain of the cruise ship that jumped on a life boat and left the passengers to die when he crashed his ship into the aground.
Janet pulled a Schettino when she sold her daughter to a pedophile so she could get some money for crack.
Sean proved himself to be a big Schettino when he left his children to die in his burning house.
Named for Captain Francesco Schettino, who crashed a cruise ship in Italy and abandoned ship instead of staying with the ship to coordinate rescue efforts.