1. put in order and reduce chaos.
2. an expression of encouragement, a rally of support to handle a challenge.
3. get a grip on unruly matter and energy; overcome obstacles.
4. exerting personal will to prevent or stop deterioration of an object or situation.
5. a call to defeat the doctrine of inevitable decline and degeneration.
6. slapping the tendency of all matter and energy in the universe to decay to a state of inert uniformity.
7. looking the Second Law of Thermodynamics in the eye.
"That sucks but I know you can spank it."
"I gotta spank my room it's a mess."
"He spanked the financial insolvency situation."
"Get a grip, spank it man, spank it hard."
"I'm off to spank some entropy."
A: "What an f-in mess."
B: "Well ... spank it."