1. The first film to gross $200 million in its first three days in the USA.
2. The original Avengers were created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby and consisted of Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Ant-Man, and Wasp.
3. Joss Whedon explained that two of the founding Avengers members Ant-Man and Wasp were cut from the script because the film had too many characters.
4. In the movie, Captain America is a founding member. In the comics, Captain America was unfrozen in Avengers #4 when he was accidentally discovered when the team was looking for Namor the Sub Mariner.
5. Disney had the film's title changed in the United Kingdom to "Marvel Avengers Assemble" to avoid confusion with the iconic British espionage franchise The Avengers (1961)/The Avengers (1998).
6. Thor vs Hulk: The fight involving Thor and the Hulk in the Avengers is NOT the first time it's happened. The first "live-action" fight happened in the 1988 TV movie, The Incredible Hulk Returns.
7. Edward Norton was originally set to reprise his role from The Incredible Hulk (2008) but negotiations between him and Marvel Studios broke down. Norton was replaced with Mark Ruffalo.
8. This is only the second time that Bruce Banner/Hulk and Thor have appeared together in a movie. They previously appeared together in The Incredible Hulk Returns (1988).
Steve Rogers: What's the matter, scared of a little lightning?
Loki: I'm not overly fond of what follows...
Thor: Do not touch me again!
Iron Man: Then don't take my stuff.
Thor: You have no idea what you're dealing with.
Iron Man: Ah, Shakespeare in The Park? Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?
Thor: This is beyond you, metal man! Loki will face Asgardian justice!
Iron Man: He gives up the Cube, he's all yours. Until then, stay out of the way...TOURIST!
(Thor, angered by the retort, throws his hammer Mjolnir forcefully at Iron Man, sending Iron Man flying back a distance through the forest)
Steve Rogers: Doctor Banner, now might be a really good time for you to get angry.
Bruce Banner: That's my secret, Cap: I'm always angry.
(Banner hulks out and punches the Leviathan)
Iron Man: What else you got?
Clint Barton: Well, Thor's taking on a squadron on Sixth.
Iron Man: And he didn't invite me...
(Iron Man grabs a nuclear missile and routes it to the portal)
Jarvis: Stark, you know that's a one-way trip?
Iron Man: Save the rest for the return, Jay.
(After end credits scene #1)
The Other: Humans... They are not the cowering wretches we were promised. They stand. They are unruly, and therefore cannot be ruled. To challenge them is to court death.
(Thanos rises and smiles)
(After end credits scene #2)
The Avengers eat in silence at a shawarma restaurant.