2. An factor affecting events in an unknown or unpredictable fashion.
3. In sports, usually a playoff spot available to a team that does not finish first in their division or league.
2. I know what John is going to say, but Vince is always a wildcard.
3. The Cleveland Indians are behind the Yankees, but they still have a chance at the wildcard spot.
Charlie: Because I cut the breaks! Wildcard, bitches! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAWWW!
2) A person who is surprisingly good at everything.
3) A person who doesn't have a defined set of characteristics and has a random set of talents/skills. This person is often very unpredictable.
2) Brian: hey Daniel how did your game go?
Daniel: Good I threw 40 yard pass with 10 seconds on the clock to win the game.
Brian: what you doing now?
Daniel: studying for my calculus test I don't want to loose my 4.0 gpa.
3) John: I can fix the car.
Joe: Really? I always thought you were just a smelly hippie burnout.
John: No, I don't even smoke weed and I hate hippies.
Joe: But.. your wearing a tie dye shirt and you have dreadlocks ....
a * usually represents zero or more any characters, numbers etc, and a ? means any 1 character, number etc.
they're used to denote many files, or search for something (called glob searching)
*hotrod* to search for word hotrod anywhere in a doc