1. A brightly colored Abercrombie and Fitch polo (often pink) worn with the collar popped
2. A Livestrong bracelet
3. A trucker hat, worn either backwards or tilted to the side
4. A pair of gino sunglasses, most likely purchased from Armani Exchange for $39.99, and often worn indoors / in non-sunny weather
5. Being overly tanned, to the point at which it is apparent they spend several days a week at the tanning salon
6. Hair with too much gel in it
7. Working out all the time and wearing overly tight shirts to make it look like they are more jacked than they actually are
8. Frequent use of the words "chill" and "sweet"
9. Liking Family Guy better than the Simpsons
10. Listening to a combination of soft rock (Jack Johnson, John Mayer, Dave Matthews), the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and some rap.
11. Ripped jeans for formal attire and track pants for informal attire
12. The excessive use of cologne and axe body spray
There are several "bro repellants" available to the common North American young man:
1. Listening to thrash metal, grunge metal, or classic rock
2. Using words longer than six letters
3. Staying away from Laguna Beach, Malibu, or any other towns with names that are printed on Hollister shirts
Bro #2: Sweet bro, sounds chillin' bro, let's do it up bro.
Bros actually chose this name for themselves as they often refer to each other as "bro" even though they are not related.
What’s up bro?
I vouch for Todd, we’ve been bros since way back.
2. An alpha male idiot. This is the derogatory sense of the word (common usage in the western US): white, 16-25 years old, inarticulate, belligerent, talks about nothing but chicks and beer, drives a jacked up truck that’s plastered with stickers, has rich dad that owns a dealership or construction business and constantly tells this to chicks at parties, is into extreme sports that might be fun to do but are uncool to claim (wakeboarding, dirt biking, lacrosse), identifies excessively with brand names, spends a female amount of money on clothes and obsesses over his appearance to a degree that is not socially acceptable for a heterosexual male. The female equivalent of the Bro is the Bro Hoe. Bro Hoes are Bro groupies that hang around bros, many of whom are actually quite hot and are thus spared the scorn that is heaped on Bros.
Created by Frank Costanza and Cosmo Kramer on the television comedy Seinfeld.
Kramer wanted to name the new device a "bro" while Frank wanted to name it the "manziere". They couldn't agree on a name and the invention failed.
A Bro Ho? What is a Bro Ho, you might be asking. A Bro Ho is also known as a Blouser: "Those girls with blonde hair with dark streaks in it, ugg boot wearing, mini skirt flaunting, too much makeup, a wife beater in 30 degree weather, a trucker hat while wearing the above-stated outfit...and they're passed out after two drinks." The Bro Ho is the favorite target of the Bro, and when he finds this target he is able to reproduce rapidly, in much the same way as a layer of scum on the underside of a rowboat.
But, as important as sex is, his transport (or his "whip" or his "ride") is always a Bro's number-one priority. The Bromobile is central to one's sense of Bro-ness, and that mode of transport is almost always a truck. A monstrously inefficient, raised and modified American pickup that is in inverse proportion to its owner's penis.
And speaking of penises, Bros have also brought the concept of homophobia to a new level. You see, they love play fighting, tackling their mates, and joke incessantly about each other's wieners. But they will claim that there is no connection whatsoever between their overuse of the term "faggot", their intense desires for close physical kinship with their pals, and their own closeted Bromosexuality.
A substantial portion of the Bro population enjoys daydreaming too, and often these daydreams influence the way they speak and act. Bros everywhere can identify with Marshall Mathers, someone who committed identity theft and made millions as the fantasy rapper "Eminem". Members of the Bro tribe like to think that they will also be looked upon with as much respect if they not only act hostile and indifferent toward everyone around them, but take it one step beyond as full-fledged "gangsters" in their own tree-lined suburbs. And if they live life in the fast lane, the way Eminem appears to, they'll achieve immortality -- or at least get more action. Some members of the Bro subspecies find Eminem a bit soft though, and prefer the more street-oriented sounds of The Kottonmouth Kings, who grew up -- like their fans -- in the lily white suburbs on a strict diet of the kind of sickening violence rampant in nearly every white, middle class household. When a Bro pops a KMK cd in his truck stereo he instantly feels as though his entire ghetto is riding shotgun and watching his back.