A) It is sexual in nature. Having an interest in something because it is pretty or beautiful or is pleasant to the five senses does not automatically make it sexual. It is only sexual if it causes sexual thoughts and physical arousal.
B) It is the ONLY thing that can turn you on. If you are turned on by other things as well then it is an interest, NOT a fetish.
Beautiful, attractive woman is relaxing on the beach:
Man 1: Is aroused by her breasts, butt and feet.
Man 2: Is aroused only by her feet and ignores her breasts and/or butt.
Man 3: Notices and stares at her feet, but is not aroused.
Man 1: Does NOT have a fetish because he is interested in and aroused by the "normal" parts, as well as by her feet.
Man 2: Has a fetish because he was NOT interested in and aroused by the "normal" things. He was ONLY interested in and aroused by her feet.
Man 3: Does NOT have a fetish and is NOT even being sexual. He just appreciates and admires the beauty of what he sees.
1. An object that is believed to have magical or spiritual powers, especially such an object associated with animistic or shamanistic religious practices.
2. An object of unreasonably excessive attention or reverence
3. Something, such as a material object or a nonsexual part of the body, that arouses sexual desire and may become necessary for sexual gratification.
4. An abnormally obsessive preoccupation or attachment
3. Seeing shaved eyebrows aroused the woman greatly.
4. His fetish for death was outranked only with his fixation on survival.