1) Greasy dorm cafeteria food.
2) The readily available pizza and fast food in most college towns.
3) Being forced to eat 3 large meals a day, rather than being free to graze.
4) The fact that many Freshmen who did participate in sports in high school do not continue with their athletics in college.
5) Increased alcohol consumption (alcohol has 100-200 calories per drink, more for sugary liqeurs like Irish Creme).
Jenny is not as good at cheerleading because she put on the freshman twenty and lost some flexibility, but I would not mind testing it out. Look at her body jiggle in that swimsuit...