2. Abbreviation of Internet Explorer - often proceeded by the version number. A software application developed by the Microsoft Corporation used to browse the world wide web (www).
(not to be confused with e.g. (for example) - i.e. provides an explanation rather than an example.
2. I browse the web using IE6.
compare with e.g.
also reference: www.getitwriteonline.com/archive/061801.htm, another comparison of i.e. and e.g.
Person 2: That's because you use IE ¬_¬
2) The area in So Cal. consisting of cities in Riverside and San Bernardino Counties
3) One of the largest and toughest prison gangs in California
4) The Meth capital of the world
Basically a "thumbs down" for Microsoft Internet Explorer, the worst internet browser ever created.
If you use IE, you fail. FAIL!
Josh: You know that browser developed by Microsoft
Emily: Oh that browser is FAIL
Emily: I get it now (laughs)