P.S. most of the Southern Scots are descended from Germanic peoples just like the English, they used to be welsh (check out our most ancient poets who lived and wrote there.)
American person: So your Irish, like from the UK do you know the Queen?
Irish person: No it's a seperate country.
American: Celtic like Irish right.
Cymro: Rwy't i'n twp iawn. Cymru am byth!
2) People from the island of Ireland (Eire). They only purely Celtic country to survive out of the middle ages. Least Anglosized of all the Celtic lands. Kept there language, tradiditions and culture in the face of repeated invasions from Germanic and Nordic tribes such as Saxon, Angles, Jutes, Vikings, etc...
3) Inventors of the bagpipe
4) Second only to the Scottish!
Yeah most of them may be alcoholics but nobody is perfect!
They know how to throw one hell of a party!
Ted:Wow! Who's party was it?
Ned: Oh this cool Irish dude's
2. Any pub with an Irish sounding name such as Dicey Riley's, Finnegan's Chin, Finn McCool's, Gilhooley's, etc... (obviously not those in Ireland).
3. Dicey Riley's in Cleveland.
- Heavy drinking
- Teaching americans that Pog ma hone is an olde worlde Irish greeting
- And generally being fantastic