2.)Used as a substitution for 'call'
2.) "I have to phone Catelyn!"
2. something that will haunt you if you owe money to the government, bank loans, loan sharks, friends, accidents at the local pet store you work for, or perhaps your school for the mysterious fire.
2. "No Mr. Johnson, my son did not suck the hamsters up with a vacuum cleaner.
Today, there are many variations of the phone but most of them do every stupid thing that you don't need it to do. Because of this, the corporations jack the price up to inhumane levels.
It's still possible to get a normal phone which does what it was originally intended to do but if you have one your friends will make fun of you.
1) the best invention of all time
2) by far the WORST invention of all time
person 2> i know they rock.
2. person 1<hey, it's me. i know it's four in the morning and you only went to be 2 hours ago because you were writing a paper and you have an exam at 8:30 tomorrow morning, BUT, i'm SURE you wanna hear from me!!
person 2>i hate you.
2. Something teenagers use far too much.
Telemarketer: Thank you for purchasing a telephone, you are now eligible to receive calls so you can get discounts on HOT products.
Person: Fuck off. -Hangs up- ...I didn't buy a phone to get the hell annoyed out of me...