1. Another word for "subculture" that doesn't sound quite so scientific, allowing it to be used in daily conversation. Used this way it usually has an adjective modifying it: the "indy scene" or the "hardcore scene" or the "emo scene." When someone refers to a particular "scene," they're talking about everything - the people, the places, the fashion, the music, and the trends.
2. A tongue-in-cheek reference to the trends and fashions of the various scenes. Many of these subcultures were built around countercultural ideals and nonconformist attitudes; the fact that trends even exist is humorous irony, and using "scene" as an adjective originally intended to lampoon that.
3. A trend of sorts that evolved from the indy, emo, and hardcore scenes (see the first definition); basically, anything that can be sold at Hot Topic. As events like Warped Tour - and artists like Avril Lavigne - became popular, the trends and fashions of these three scenes (and a few others) were gradually amalgamized and commericalized to create the generic "scene" monkier. Someone who is "scene" generally borrows from the various subcultures and combines them together - you can tell they're part of *a* scene, but no one is quite sure *what* scene. It is important to note that this use of "scene" refers to a fashion trend - it isn't a subculture in its own right, because it has no music, venues, or attitudes of its own to live on after it loses popularity.
4. An ironic insult toward followers of the "scene" trend outlined in 3. Calling someone "scene" brings up images of Avril Lavigne, Hot Topic, Good Charlotte, and, more recently, Myspace; it implies that he or she is a fair-weather fan, conforming to be popular or to fit in. In that sense, it is related to the term poseur. It also implies being more worried about the more visible icons of a particular scene (the fashion and language, for example) than the music that the scene is founded on. Calling someone a scenester basically means the same thing.
2. Wow... a Thundercats shirt, crotch-hugging faded jeans, and a devilock... how very scene of you. Not to mention your ratty Converse shoes or your Know Your Mushrooms armband.
3. Be more scene. Shop at Hot Topic.
4. Enjoy being scene while it lasts, because Myspace isn't enough to keep it going once the next fad hits.
This definition is added to recognize the fact that even though Punks and Scenesters are not similar in anyway, Punk is what built all of this from the ground up, and Scenesters don't realize that they as a group have also contributed to "posuerism- for lack of better or real words that would describe this" and have torn down the original and much more real and complex LIFESTYLE of Punks.
A punk is someone not easily categorized since someone who is a punk tends to have control issues and lives outside of the system, the system being words used by society, and created by the government. So in all reality a TRUE punk is unexplainable. Scene kids all over have portrayed and even called themselves punk "which they are not because they live in more of a bullshit system than most of society does" emo, goth, scene, rocker, and all other stereotypes within that category have all contributed to the near extinction of real punks. The reason i say this being that all of teen society was mad when they couldn't categorize a punk in any other word because punks in fact are so unique that there was no other word. "which punks themselves didnt even use" Teens were pissed off when they couldn't effectively imitate a "punk" that they made , goth, rocker, emo, scene, and all other stereo types within that sub-category, and told the rest of blinded society that they were in fact.....the "new" punks. This is the reason all scene kids, emo kids, goth kids, emo-scene-goth-fag-hardcore kids are indeed...Posers
Well fuck yeah ,no shit.
"Sorry if you thought this definition was unfair to some or most, but in the process of writing this i grew more and more angry with the fact that you all tore down something that was going to bring the government down to the level it needs to be....Below the people."
Scene kids hang around with thier hair in like 9 different directions which is dyed into half blonde half black and wear very tight jeans.
Scene is an emo spin off as the emo phase turns into the hardcore phase..
"We are so scene.."
"Have you heard As I Lay Dyings new album" "No!!" "Lets go to Subway." "Ok!!!"