1) This isn't a mistake, actually, it just looks like one to the casual eye.
2) Tee hee, what a dreadful error! But it would be dishonest of me to correct it.
~ From 'Eats, Shoots and Leaves' by Lynne Truss
2) "Please send a copy of The Time's sic," he wrote.
~ Again, from 'Eats, Shoots and Leaves' by Lynne Truss
A simple way to remember what it means is to consider sic as a pnemonic for 'spelt in context'.
2. Not Here Today - I am il (sic).
3. Good grammer sic and spelling is sic important for writing good papers.
This is usually used for written quotes ie. letters
"Dear Mum, I want to no (sic) how you have been"
2) used in chats and forums to point out that someone has made a dumb or disgusting remark. Also used to point out spelling and/or grammar mistakes or annoying txt tlk.
Can be used with or without square brackets.
A: ur a hot gurl??!1