2. a long-eared domesticated member of the horse family (Equidae), descended from the African wild ass (Equus asinus)
3. (since 1874) a representation of this animal as the emblem of the U.S. Democratic party.
4. a stupid, silly, or obstinate person.
John: That's a donkey, my dear!
1. someone of minimal intelligence or who does not understand simple concepts
2. someone who is illeterate
3. often used to call someone stupid when they dont understand something, commonly a simple joke
4. a dumbass
can add the word "dusty" in front to mean a person who is both foul or dirty as well as unintelligent
MICHELLE: She is such a slow horse, it's like talking to an infant.
AMY: Wait, who are we talking about again?
BOBBY (to AMY): Wow, you slow horse.