2. A synonym for "cool," "awesome," originating in Liverpool, if I recall correctly. Either way, it's mostly used by Scousers.
Note: Please stop complaining about how we're getting the definition wrong, you yanks. Try looking it up on Wikipedia or on Google, you blithering twats.
- "The footy was well sound, weren't it, our Baz?"
- "You self proclaimed 'grammatically correct' yanks are not sound."
The solitary use of sounds for sexual pleasure often becomes pathological and dangerous, with the user experimenting with different shaped and textured sounds so as to heighten his sexual pleasure.
The use of sounds in the bdsm community is both dangerous and depraved. The victim, who is male, often has sounds thrust with little care or compassion into his urethrea or japs eye. Not surprisingly biological damage to the urethra and bladder is common, infection and serious injury often follow and lifetime bladder incontinence is a real risk. More serious cases involve penile cancer, bladder cancer and tumours of differing seriousness. The use of sounds is outlawed in many countries and to own a set of sounds is illegal.
The internet, is often the place where sounds can be bought and they are available for sexual deviants worldwide...at a cost, both financially and biological.
when someone/something's really, really 'sound' you say they're 'sound as a pound.' ie they're so sound, they're as trustworthy as the wonderful british currency!!! that's one hell of a compliment.
2) moaning, losing your temper over something. ( as in 'sounding off')
- that's my best mate over there. he's sound as a pound he is.
2) she's sounding off about some crap no one cares about again!!