The intense physiological effect of consuming too much sugar or glucose, usually in the form of cakes, cookies and soda; eating excessive amounts of sugar makes the brain release dopamine and endorphins, often inducing a mild sense of euphoria and happiness. This is often accompanied by a strong surge of energy as the sugar hits the bloodstream.
Sugar highs often only last an hour or two, and as the level of glucose in the blood lowers it can often leave the subject feeling drained or unnaturally tired. If ingested with large amounts of caffeine, such as in the form of chocolate or cola, the subject can also become jittery, experience mild heart palpitations or suffer from temporary insomnia.
- It is also a reason that these same people give if they dont do drugs and dont wan to admit they just dont want to do drugs, they just say sugar gets them high enough.
- You "no, i didnt"
- Darren "dude... youre such a loser"
- YOu "seriously darren, ME?"
- Darren "sorry bro, its just i had this huge slushie, im on a sugar high"
2- You "last night was cool, it was fun to have a couple drinks"
- Darren "Dude i dont know why people drink alchohol and do drugs"
- You "cuz its fun"
- Darren "no man, sugar gets me high enough, have you ever been on a sugar high? its so much better than smoking marijuana"
- You "first off,its obvious you've never taken a hit, secondly, SHUT THE FUCK UP"
The term was made famous by the Movie "Empire Records", which starred "Coyote Shivers'" front man singing their infamous song: "Sugar High".