Their popularity came from the effect wine has on women. (If you plan on getting layed - what other reason is there?, you have to be careful that they don't get sick and pass out.)
About a year later, Boone's Farm and Annie Green Springs appeared on the market in one liter bottles along with a less well known wine drink called Ariba, which was 20% alcohol.
The latter had a reputation as a "sneaky Pete" because you could slip them to a date who could normally guzzle the 11% beverages all night while keeping her mouth running and her knees together.
1. Swizzle - To spin or swirl a drink without a spoon or stirring apparatus. in order to distribute its contents equally.
2. Swizzles - A general verb connoting the lifestyle of a swizzler.
3. Swizzler - A person or thing which displays a generally swizzly manner or attitude.
4. Swizzed - Mixed, spun, twirled or shaken to the point of even mixture.
2. "You know that kid Jesse?"
"Yeah man, that kid swizzles all day, err' day"
3. "Let's invite Kait over, that girl is a mad swizzler. Mixing drinks all day, err' day."
4. "This long island iced tea tastes like shit."
"Aww man, that bartender swizzed it like shit. Let me mix it for you, I swizzle all day err' day."