While, sometimes, World of Warcraft - or WoW as it is abbreviated - can get tedious, there's always something to do in other parts of the vast world Azeroth, where the Warcraft storyline was set (except for part of Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, which was set in an alien dimension known as Draenor from which the Orcs originated. Incidentally, Draenor is going to be released in WoW with the upcoming expansion - the Burning Crusade).
Whether it's questing, grinding (exterminating enemies on a large scale for experience), or brushing up your trade skills - mining, blacksmithing, leatherworking and engineering to name but a few - WoW always has something to do.
And failing that, WoW (at least on my server) is full of friendly, helpful players who love conversation - you see, the chat is one of the major aspects of WoW. With chat channels (general, trade, local defense, looking for group), private messaging (or /whispering), group chat, guild chat, and a multitude of others, WoW is a game as much based on communication as on skill.
WoW is split into two factions - the Alliance and the Horde, which are then made up of four races each. Quite simply, the Alliance can choose to be Humans, Dwarves, Night Elves and Gnomes, and the Horde may pick Orcs, Trolls, Tauren or the undead Forsaken. All of the races have elaborate back-stories, particularly the reason why no Gnomes featured back in Warcraft III. Along with nine classes, each with their own advantages, and millions of appearance combinations, WoW is certainly a many-faceted game.
And, since it is merely a matter of opinion anyway, I'm going to go on and say: I like WoW. WoW doesn't suck.
Jack got an epic mount for his Human Paladin last week.
I have a level 28 Gnome Mage on Nordrassil, called Khemri. /whisper me!
2. Something that will not help you get laid, get a gf, get a job, get friends, or get a life. It's like ecstacy, after you take it, you will become hopelessly addicted, and you will start losing your friends and family, no one will respect you anymore, and your life will become an emotional hellhole
2. I was in my room and I was just like staring at the computer thinking about WoW, but then again I was thinking about nothing. And then my MoM came in, and I didn't even know she was there. She called my name and I didn't hear her and then she started screaming “Mike, Mike!” And I go “what? Whats the matter?” She goes “whats the matter with you?” I go “theres nothing wrong, mom.” Shes all “don't tell me that! You're on drugs!” I go “no mom I'm not on drugs. I'm ok, I'm just playing WoW, you know? Why don't you get me a Pepsi?” She goes “No! You're on drugs!” I go “mom, I'm ok. I'm just playing WoW.” She goes “No! You're not thinking, you're on drugs! Normal people don't be acting that way!” I go “mom, just get me a Pepsi! Please, all I want is a Pepsi!” And she wouldn't give it to me! All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi, and she wouldn't give it to me! Just a Pepsi!
You will lose your girlfriend, You will lose your friends, You will get constant headaches for staring at a PC screen for 18 hours a day, you will get back pain due to that posture how you sit down while playing. You will start failing your exams, you will gain weight, you will have a face full of acne, you will never have sex, you wont be able to concentrate, you will be willing to pay upwards of $3000 for a 9/9 tier 3 armour set, you will make it your lifes ambition to get full tier 3 and rank 14, basically... you have just wasted your life....
Remeber, if you are to start playing, make sure, that under no circumstance, you play more than 3 hours a day!
<normal guy>: Do you even relise that it is all just code and none of it exists in real life? 7 million losers might play WoW, but 7 BILLION people play REAL LIFE!!!
1. Loss of fun
2. Loss of "cool"
3. Loss of girlfriend
4. Loss of love
5. Loss of life
Woman: Come to bed honey, I'm feeling naughty
Man: Babe can you come on the computer, I need a healer for this raid
Woman: Didn't you hear me?
Man: If you heal us good I'll take you back to my custom love zone when were done
Woman: Ooh that sounds kinky
Man: It's inside orgrimmar, I got it near the kodohide leatherworks
Man: I'll undress you and plant kisses on your green leathery skin
Woman: Thats going too far..
Man: Then I'll play my flute of sorrows to make you horny
Woman: Were getting a divorce
Man: And finally I'll fuck you with my giant tauren cock until I moo in extasy
*Front door slamming*
2. An escape for most people from the toils of the real world offering them a sense of relaxation.
3. A friendship killer.
2. "God I can't wait to get home from my shitty school and play some WoW."
3. "You never talk to me anymore because you are always on WoW."
"I don't give a fuck woman! Now stop bothering me while I am doing an instance!